Westchester Black Women’s Political Caucus, Inc. New Rochelle Chapter will host a community forum on the “Women’s Equality Agenda” (WEA). At the 2013 State of the State Address, Governor Cuomo announced plans to advance a 10-Point Women’s Equality Act that will break down barriers that perpetuate discrimination and inequality based on gender.
Join our distinguished panel of experts as we discuss the 10-Point Women’s EqualityAct:
Dr. C.M. Long Family Life Center
71 Lincoln Ave – New Rochelle, NY 10801
The 10 Points:
1. Achieve Pay Equity
2. Stop Sexual Harassment in All Workplaces
3. Allow for the Recovery of Attorneys’ Fees in Employment and Credit and Lending Cases
4. Strengthen Human Trafficking Laws
5. End Family Status Discrimination
6. Stop Source-of-Income Discrimination
7. Stop Housing Discrimination for Victims of Domestic Violence
8. Stop Pregnancy Discrimination Once and For All
9. Protect Victims of Domestic Violence by Strengthening Order-of-Protection Laws
10. Protect Reproductive Health Decisions
Women in Westchester, and all over New York State, are experiencing pay discrimination, housing and workplace discrimination, domestic violence and sexual harassment.
Join our discussion on April 20th to learn more about these issues and help us develop strategies for legislative change.
Light Refreshments will be Served.
For more information
call 914.380.6969 or email: phyl3[email protected]