Forget your troubles, come on get crafty! Ok, so that’s not really how the song goes, but to us, crafty means happy! Happy Holidays, that is. With so much being commercialized about the holiday season, its great to get out there to some craft fairs, and support the arts and local artisans. Plus, a hand-made gift is always so much more appreciated than a generic gift that everyone else has!
Here is a little list of crafty goings-on for the 2011 holiday season in Westchester:
1) Gift of Art Exhibit & Boutique – Now through December 31, 2011 – Mamaroneck Arts Guild, Mamaroneck NY – 914.834.1117 or www.mamaroneckartistsguild.org
2) Clay Holiday Annual Holiday Sale – December 1-23, 2011 – Clay Art Center, Port Chester NY – 914.937.2047 or www.clayartcenter.org
3) The Holiday Boutique – December 1-4, 2011 – Arts Westchester, White Plains NY – 914.428.4220 or www.artswestchester.org
4) The White Plains High School PTA Holiday Craft Fair – December 10, 2011 – White Plains High School, White Plains NY – 914.422.2182 or www.whiteplainspublicschools.org
5) The Great Westchester Toy & Train Show – December 11, 2011 – The Westchester County Center, White Plains NY – 914.995.4050 or www.countycenter.biz
6) The Burke Holiday Boutique – December 1, 2011 – Burke Rehab Center, White Plains, NY. www.burke.org
In addition to the local craft fairs and boutiques, you can always hop on Etsy (www.etsy.com) where you can search via “location” to find local artisans who sell all kinds of wares on their Etsy stores, from hand knits to pottery, jewelry, paper crafts and much, much more!