1. Dicken’s “Christmas Carol” at Old Dutch Church: Nestle in to the cozy confines of the Old Dutch Church and let master storyteller Jonathan Kruk, complete with musical accompaniment, regale you with his adaptation of this Charles Dickens classic. Enjoy complimentary hot chocolate, cider, and cookies while you browse for holiday gifts for everyone on your list at Philipsburg Manor.
This Historic Hudson Valley event takes place at the Old Dutch Church, just across the street from Philipsburg Manor.
Adults, $16; Children under 18, $12 (Members receive a $5 discount per ticket)
2. The Westchester Ballet Company Presents “The Nutcracker”. Tickets available at the Westchester County Center Box Office, ticketmaster.com or by calling 1-800-745-3000.
Westchester County Center, 198 Central Avenue, White Plains, NY 10606
Friday: 10am, Saturday:12:30pm & 4:30pm, Sunday: 2pm
Cost: Advance Sales: Adults $20, Children (2-10yrs.) & Seniors (60+) $14. Take $2 off each ticket for Groups of 20 or more people. Groups of 100+ $12, School Groups $10 (Friday performance only). All Tickets $25 on the day of the performance.
3. Westchester Choral Society Holiday Concert: Saint-Saëns Christmas Oratorio, Plus Songs and Carols of the Season
Sunday, Dec 2, 2012 3:00p
Rye Presbyterian Church, 882 Boston Post Road, Rye, NY
$25 Admission ($10 students)
4. Holiday Music Events at St. Paul’s Church in Mt. Vernon:
St. Paul’s Church N.H.S., 897 S. Columbus Ave., Mt. Vernon
- FREE Holiday Opera Program, Thursday, December 6, 2012 7pm-8pm: The acclaimed Bronx Opera Company performs selections from classic operas and seasonal carols.
- Holiday Music and the Holiday of Christmas, Saturday, December 8, 2012 1PM to 3PM: A 2 PM performance of Holday music featuring Harp, French Horn and voice.
- Holiday Organ Concert, Sunday, December 23, 2012 2PM to 4pm: Holiday music on the 1833 Erben pipe organ
5. Attend a local tree lighting such as the White Plains Tree Lighting Ceremony.