Doors open to local artists’ studios, galleries, and boutiques to the public for two days. Peekskill Open Studios, a Peekskill Arts Alliance project, is celebrating its 20th anniversary! Each year the streets of Peekskill fill to the brim with eager visitors and art enthusiasts that come to enjoy the extraordinary works of art and fine crafts.
- Visit artists’ studios to see where the creative process happens
- Stop in to the PAA member’s group exhibit, “Off the Beaten Track” show at Westchester Community College, featuring works by those with studios located outside of the downtown arts district. Artist reception June 1st, 5:30 – 7:30PM.
- Galleries on wheels! The Truck Stop Gallery is back again at the Central Avenue Parking lot, where participating artists set galleries of their work in large beautified trucks.
- Visit the PAA thematic Exhibit – “Transplanted: Hopes, Fears and Dreams” at the Paramount Hudson Valley focusing on the trials and tribulations of past and present immigrants to America.
- Painting Poets – Live painting in response to live spoken word, back this year by popular demand, at Division Street Guitars at 12, 2, and 4 both days.
- Visit the Peekskill Clay Studios at the Hat Factory where you can see work by the members of this outstanding pottery studio
- Kickoff event celebrating our 20thyear at HVCCA, June 2nd 7-9 pm.
For brochure with map of complete listings, guided tours and additional information during Open Studios, meet us at the Gazebo – corner of Central Ave. and 1 N. Division Street.
Free transportation from Peekskill train station all around town. Look for the Van with PAA on it! With stops at the Peekskill Train Station – The Gazebo/Info Center – The Hat Factory – Clay Studios – Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art- Each hour both days from 12-5PM. Open rain or shine.