Your friends are constantly asking you what’s going on in town this weekend.
If there is a new restaurant in town, everyone asks what you thought because they know you will have tried it on opening day.
You are well-connected in town and people consider you a local expert.
Sound a lot like you? You are a local tastemaker, and becoming a Happening Mag Manager may be right for you. As a Happening Mag Manager, you have the opportunity to share your local knowledge with thousands of local readers. With the strength of the HM network, your local know-how will PAY!
Happening Mag Managers are responsible for:
- Editorial: Create the stories that get the town talking! Develop, write, edit and publish content on an ongoing basis for your region’s Happening Mag.
- Publicity: Promote the Happening Mag website and all of its contents (articles, event calendar, contests, etc) via social media platforms like Facebook & Twitter. You’ll be the on-the-ground resource to find ways to expand the magazine’s reach within the community.
- Partnership with Happenings Media: Work with the HM National on select projects and campaigns.
- Brand Awareness: Work to ensure local businesses know about your Happening Mag.
Candidate should have the following qualities:
- Strong writing and editing skills as it relates to lifestyle content, using a voice that your community can relate to.
- An understanding of the internet and the ability to learn how to publish articles via the Happening Mag interface.
- An understanding of social media and the ability to harness its power.
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Professionalism is a must.